P Voluntary Separation of Newborn Infant
P Safe Harbor (Ohio House Bill 660) is designed to allow desperate parents to separate from their babies to hospitals, EMS, or law enforcement agencies, confidentially.
P Stipulations of separation:
- Infant can be no older than be 30 days old.
- Infant can have no signs of abuse or neglect
P History which should be obtained:
- Date and time of birth
- Any pertinent family medical history
- Information regarding prenatal care
- Information concerning the birth.
- Information should be obtained in a manner, which will not lead to the revealing of the identity of the parents. Information collected should be based on patient (infant) care needs and assure confidentiality.
P Transport the infant to the hospital.